Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology
Updated on: Mar 4, 2013
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) was set up in the year 1989 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and Government of India. The institute was formally inaugurated on 20th December 1991.
It has a sprawling area of 451 acres of land provided by Punjab Government. Surrounded by lush green land, the campus of the institute extends a beautiful and well developed area with many topographically featured picturesque landscape, numerous buildings of various nature and stature and metal road network.
The campus presents a spectacle of harmony and natural beauty. It is embedded with all the amenities required for a complete township.
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology is autonomous in nature and fully funded by Govt. of India and controlled by SLIET society, registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860.
Certificates and degrees awarded by the SLIET are approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses offered by the Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology are affiliated to Punjab Technical University (PTU) Jalandhar.
The institute has also started Ph.D programmes in collaboration with PTU and other neighboring Universities.
- Education and training in modern technology areas.
- Non formal,flexible,modular,multipoint entry programmes in engineering and technology and in the areas like rural development,educational planning,information and management sciences.
- Extension services to industry working population,passed-out students,
social organisations and institutions of research and higher learning.
- Promotion of instiute-institute linkages for sustainable development of academic and research.
- Promotion of self development among the students.
- Close interface with the industry to conduct research on the basis of manpower requirements leading integrated educational planning curriculum development and instructional material preparation in technology and inter-disciplinary areas.
- Central Library
- Health Center
- SLIET Model
- Guest House
- Estate Office
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Chemical Technology
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering
- Food Engineering & Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Enterpreneurship Development & Humanities
- Persons with Disability Scheme
Click Here For Universities in Chandigarh