Punjab Agricultural University Ludhiana
The Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) has played a key role in increasing food grain production in the Punjab State several folds share its reputation and ushering in an era of Green Revolution in India. It has also made notable contributions in increasing livestock and poultry production.
In recognition of its outstanding achievements in agricultural research, education and extension, it was adjudged the Best Agricultural University in India in 1995. At present the University, through 28 departments in the four constituent colleges, offers 31 Master's and 30 Ph.D. programmes.
The Punjab Agricultural University now has four constituent colleges, viz. College of Agriculture, College of Agricultural Engineering, College of Home science and College of Basic Sciences & Humanities.
At present the University, through its 28 departments in the four constituent colleges, offers 31 Master's and 30 Ph.D. programmes. The course curricula are constantly revised and restructured to keep pace with the latest developments in agriculture and allied fields.
The University also has a beautiful five storey building library. It is centrally air-conditioned and surrounded by lush green lawns, dotted with beautiful ornamental trees and pollution free environment has grown into one of the best libraries of the region a place of pilgrimage for scholars and faculty members from all over the country. This library has 760 seating capacity in its Five Reading Halls.
- Developing quality manpower.
- Improving socio-economic conditions of the farming community through cost-effective technologies.
- Developing & promoting appropriate technologies for supporting agro-based industries & generating self-employment opportunities for the youth.
- Excellence in teaching, research and extension.
- Developing effective mechanism to transfer knowledge and technology to farmers and agricultural organizations through extension services
- Seeking appropriate solutions to emerging problems & challenges.
- Undertaking basic, applied and adaptive research.
- College of Agriculture
- College of Agricultural Engineering & Technology
- College of Basic Sciences & Humanities
- College of Home Science
- Post Graduate Studies
For further information related to Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) click on the links provided below: