National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research
Updated on: Mar 5, 2013
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) is the first national level institute in pharmaceutical sciences with a proclaimed objective of becoming a centre of excellence for advanced studies and research in pharmaceutical sciences.
The Government of India has declared NIPER as an 'Institute of National Importance'. It is an autonomous body set up under the aegis of Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India.
The Institute is conceived to provide leadership in pharmaceutical sciences and related areas not only within the country, but also to the countries in South East Asia, South Asia and Africa. NIPER is a member of Association of Indian Universities and Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Creation of National Centres to cater to the needs of pharmaceutical industries and other research and teaching institutes.
- Continuing education programmes.
- Toning up the level of pharmaceutical education and research by training the future teachers, research scientists and managers for the industry and profession.
- Curriculum and media development.
- Collaboration with Indian industries to meet the global challenges.
- National/International collaborative research.
- Study of sociological aspects of drug 'use and abuse', and rural pharmacy, etc.
- Conducting programmes on drug surveillance, community pharmacy and pharmaceutical management.
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Natural Products
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Pharmaceutical Technology
A. Bulk Drug
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Pharmacy Practice
- Central Instrumentation Laboratories
- Computer Centre
- Library and Information Centre
- Central Animal Facility
- National Bioavailability Centre
- Impurity Profiling and Stability Testing Laboratory
- Technology Development Centre
- Pharmacological and Toxicological Screening Facilities
- Computer Aided Drug Design Laboratory
- Peptide Synthesis and Research Laboratory
- Combichem Research Laboratory
Click Here For Universities in Chandigarh