PU CET 2012 Details
The Directorate of Medical Education & Research, Punjab governs the medical education and research in Punjab. This directorate was set up in April 1973, to develop medical manpower and to ensure that medical education and teaching hospitals receive adequate attention and proper facilities for research work in the various branches of medicine.
This directorate works under the control of the Director, Research and Medical Education, Punjab. The office is at Chandigarh.
PU CET 2012 Exam Date
- Date of Test: May 27, 2012 (Sunday) (at Chandigarh only)
PU CET 2012 Important Dates
- Date of Advertisement regarding test & other information relevant thereto: March 21, 2012 (Wednesday)
- Date of Availability of CET Prospectus and Application Form on the website of Panjab University: March 21, 2012 (Wednesday)
- Last date for the submission of Online Application Form: April 24, 2012 (Tuesday up to 5:00 pm)
- Last date for submission of online Application Fee: April 23, 2012 upto 4.00 p.m. (Monday)
- Final date by which Roll No. will be available online: May 07, 2012 (Monday)
- Candidates can download Admit Card after: May 07, 2012
- Tentative date during which the result may be declared by the University: June 06, 2012 to June 08, 2012 (Wednesday to Friday)
1. Centre for the Entrance test is Chandigarh only
PU CET Courses
- B.Sc (Tourism management)
- B.Sc (Hospitality and Hotel Administration)
- B.A.LL.B (Hons)
- B.Sc (Hons School)
PU CET 2012 Application Form
PU CET 2012 Admission ProcessAdmission to MBBS/BDS/BAMS (Ayurvedacharya) course in the State medical/dental/ayurvedic colleges and Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana are made through an entrance exam (PMT) conducted by one of the State universities.
Admission to MBBS in Chandigarh Medical College, Chandigarh (Total 50 seats) is made through CET conducted by Punjab University, held at Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Chicago USA( for NRI candidates).
Christian Medical College, Ludhiana is regulated by separate rules. Selection is through pre-entrance test conducted by the college. PMT is open to candidates from Punjab, Central Government nominees and November 1984 riot affected displaced persons are considered exceptions.
PU CET 2012 Eligibility CriteriaAge: 17 year as on December 31 of the year of admission.
Educational Qualification: All Punjab residents who have passed senior secondary (10+2) exam securing at least 50% (for SC/ST 45%) aggregate, marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together.
Those awaiting the result of qualifying exam may also apply. Medical fitness is also necessary.
Reservation: 15% All India entrance, 25% SC/ST, 5% Backward areas, 2% Border Area, 2% for children/grand children of political sufferers, 2% for children/widows of defence personnel killed/disabled, children of serving/ex-serviceman, and wards of gallantry awardees, 1% for handicapped, 1% for children/widows of Punjab Police, PAP, Punjab Home Guards (Killed/disabled). 2% for November 1984 riot affected displaced persons/terrorist affected, 2% for sports, 2% for State Government nominees ( MBBS 6/BDS 1), Wards of medical staff of Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot with 5 years service-2 seats.
PU CET 2012 Exam PatternSelection is based on merit in competitive entrance exam in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For qualifying the test 50% marks are required (25% in case of SC/ST, 35% for sports, children/grand children of political sufferers, handicapped, 1984 riot affected).
PU CET Exam Centres
PU CET Contact DetailsCET Cell, Panjab University