CMC Ludhiana MBBS 2012
In 1953 the college started the Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) program affiliated with Panjab University, Chandigarh admitting men and women students. Since July 1999 the college has been affiliated with Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot. The college offers Post-graduate Diploma, Degree, Super specialty and Doctoral courses.
The Christian Medical College (CMC), Ludhiana conducts a Common Entrance Test for admission into MBBS, Dental, Nursing courses and others bachelors degree courses. This test is termed as Under Graduate Admission Written Test (UGAWT).
CMC Ludhiana MBBS 2012 Tentative Dates
- Start sale of prospectus: Last week of March 2012
- Last day to obtain prospectus by post: Second week of April 2012
- Last day to obtain prospectus from Federal Bank: Fourth week of April 2012
- Last date to obtain prospectus from CMC counter: Last week of April 2012
- Last day to submit application forms: Last week of April 2012
- Last day to mail Admit cards from CMC Ludhiana: Second week of May 2012
- Last day to receive query regarding admit card not received: Third week of May 2012
- Admission written test: Last week of May 2012
- Bible Test for Christian applicants: Last week of May 2012
- Publication of merit list on or before: First week of June 2012
- 1st Counselling for MBBS: Third week of June 2012
- Medical examination for MBBS: Fourth week of June 2012
- Orientation for MBBS: Last week of June 2012
- 1st Counselling for BDS: Third week of June 2012
- Medical examination for BDS: Fourth week of June 2012
- Orientation for BDS: Last week of June 2012
CMC Ludhiana MBBS 2012 Application Form
The application forms are available in the Accounts department section of the hospital. The cost of the form is Rs. 1000/- . The same is also available be post. Federal Bank has been authorized to distribute the form too. Another option is apply online. The charge for all the three methods Rs 1100/-. A demand draft needs to drawn in favor of the institute.
CMC Ludhiana MBBS 2012 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should be citizen of India. The candidates from other countries can apply under NRI category for which another prospectus is available. Those candidates applying for MBBS and BDS programme should have minimum 50% marks in English and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the qualifying examination.
The candidates who wish to go for B.Sc. Nursing and BPT programme need to have cleared the 12th standard. A minimum of 45% marks in science subjects is a must for admission purpose. Relaxation of 40% is available for SC/ST candidates.
CMC Ludhiana MBBS 2012 Courses Offered
For Undergraduate Medical Courses:
- B.SC. Nursing
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
CMC Ludhiana MBBS 2012 Exam Pattern
CMC entrance test duration is 3 hours and 10 minutes includes of multiple-choice objective type questions. The exam questions will cover questions from biology, Physics, Chemistry, general ability, Chemistry, and Issues of present Topical Interest.
The CMC Ludhiana common entrance test is a combination of 10+2 level boards acknowledged by the TN Dr MGR University. Based on the performance in the written test candidates will call for a practical tests and interviews and final selections.